Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front derailleur shifter not working

Options
  • 10-06-2023 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hi all. Replaced the cable on my bike, all went well but my front derialleur shifter won't shift down to little ring position to allow me to feed the cable in. Its new, but sprayed wd40 in in case something was gumming it up.

There is a click when I move big lever from small ring to big ring position and a slight movement in guide where cable goes. When I move small lever to go big to small chain ring there is a small clunk and again a very slight movement. The bit where the cable sits just isn't coming back around to the point where the end of the cable can sit.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Open the cable pinch bolt and see if the mech springs springs down. If so cable is clamped too short.

Advertisement