Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Battery Question

Options
  • 10-06-2023 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a very old (10 years old) Acer laptop. The battery while it charges no problem, drains within about 15 minutes of being unplugged. I rarely use it, but on/off over the last couple of years, when I have had a need too.

Is it most likely a case of just getting a replacement battery? Or is there anything else I should consider before buying a new battery which doesn't improve the stuation.

Any recommendations for the best place to buy a cheap, reliable replacement battery.

The model is an Acer Aspire V3-571.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭windowcills

10mins is great for a battery that age

but

I wouldnt spend a penny on a 10 year old laptop, keep the money until you can afford a new laptop

In the meantime, Just leave the charger connected when your using it, laptops are faster when plugged in anyway

You will have to chuck it out in oct 2025 when windows 10 expires

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Thanks, I actually ordered a new laptop last week, so hopefully arrive next week.

Yep, I have been keeping it plugged in when in use.

Advertisement