Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer ACA contract to UK

Options
  • 10-06-2023 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience / know if it’s possible to transfer the ACA contract from Ireland to UK? Very keen to leave ireland but contracted to stay for another few years. Don’t like job but know it’s worthwhile to finish contract out. Any help much appreciated as I’m pretty miserable at

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well you might start by explaining what you mean by transferring a training contract:

• Continue to meet your Irish training experience requirements and exams ultimately becoming a member of the Irish institute
    • Enter into a UK training contract taking your current Irish training experience and exams into account and thus obtain membership of a British institute earlier that normal

• Registered Users Posts: 3 briano793

Yes the second one! Do you know if this is possible? Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

To the best of my knowledge there are only reciprocal rights for members not students. That is not to say one of the British institutes would not be willing to take your situation into account it’s just at their discretion not a right. Get in contact with them and see what they say. I’d expect they’d want your current employer to sign off on your training record at a minimum.

Advertisement