Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Luvly O

Options
  • 10-06-2023 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭

A rival for the Ami, hailing from Sweden. Cheap and basic. And flatpack. Though they apparently can't legally sell you the flatpack to assemble yourself. Instead the flatpacks are assembled in "microfactories" closer to the purchaser. They say they could fit 20 assembled cars in a container, but 250 flatpacks.

2 seats. Tops out at 90km/h. Range up to 100km. Removable battery, so you can swap or bring it into the office to charge. Weighs less then 400kg. 269-litre boot. €10,000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,745 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Cheap lol. Nothing cheap about that and the Ami is cuter. This looks very basic and cheap do. Not even any arm rests on the doors and look at the dash. Not much of a dash is it? They would want to be half that price to sell. Maybe in the rich Nordic country's they might do OK but not here in Ireland or even the UK. People will just look at that and go feck that I could have a nice second hand Mègane or Focus for that money or less.

A pity they can not legally sell the flatback to assemble as that would have made it unique. I can understand why from a safety point of view but it might have worked here as when registering your vehicle CoC you are asked the state of completion of the said vehicle and given three options which are complete , partly complete or not complete. Why you would bring a not complete vehicle to the NRT I do not know.

There is or at least used to be other vehicles that people could buy and assemble themselves and you can do with bikes too. What's to make them any less safe? If the wheel is not on right it could come off and kill or injure the cyclist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Miscreant

The 90km/h speed on this thing is attractive over the AMI but I agree with @AMKC here; The AMI is a better looker and a more put together "car" than this and there are more alternatives out there for people with €10k to burn. Might be a vehicle that the ride sharing companies could leverage and work for them in this space but I highly doubt we will see many (if any) of these on our roads any time soon.

Manufacturers in the 50s and 60s used to send their cars here as "knock down kits", which were then assembled by a distributor or dealer before being sold to the public so I don't see this being a barrier to market necessarily. Just the fact that there are alternatives out there for people and better looking ones too. Perhaps at half the price it would be a better proposition.

Post edited by Miscreant on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Interesting alright. I can see this doing relatively well as it appears to have a large boot capacity, something that many other microcars didn't have. Plus it solves some of the limitations around at-home chargers, especially for apartments; that is - except for the fire-hazard risk of charging indoors. The battery is limited though, 6kWh is slightly on the small side, I could see a 12kWh battery upgrade being popular, even if it was an optional 6kWh module in the spacious boot.

Advertisement