Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westfield or Beech Park in Leixlip

Options
  • 10-06-2023 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We need to decide between a house in Westfield (new build) 4 Bed or house in Beech Park (built around 9-10 yrs ago). We are relocating to Ireland so don't have much idea, therefore, we will be grateful if you could help us with the decision. Location wise both are similar but wanted to know how the actual estates are.

Are houses in Beech Park better quality and does the estate have any issues given there is significantly cheaper (€65k) than the new build in Westfield.

Any feedback on the Westfield estate?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Westfield are definitely well built houses, though I suspect if you're looking at new-build now, they're timber-framed rather than block, but still decent. The builders will still be on site for another year or so, so they can (and do) fix outstanding issues for you. I couldn't tell you much about Beech Park, but I guess a BER rating comparison might tell you something.

I looked at houses in both Westfield and Beechpark about five years ago, and I thought Westfield were much better in terms of layout - the rooms seemed more spacious. The kitchen in Beechpark was probably the same size, but the island was in the way of the door, the kitchen facilities were on the internal wall away from the natural light, things like that.

You could also compare noise levels - Beechpark is quite close to the M4, Westfield is beside the dual carriageway to Intel - and pylon placement near your house if that's an issue for you - both estates have 110kV lines running through them.

One thing about Beech Park is that if you're at the back of the estate, it's not a small distance to get out to the main road. Nearly a kilometre from the very back. Westfield is much more permeable and shallow if you prefer to walk or cycle, or shorter for kids when they start heading out on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Mikros

Westfield would have the benefit of 10 years development in building standards, so should have better insulation, A2W heat pump as opposed to gas burner and a higher BER as a result. Personally I think Westfield as an estate has a better layout but the pylons might put some people off. Also as a new estate it might have a higher number of families with much younger children as opposed to Beechpark which is probably more settled with established families.

For me it would come down to the individial house - garden size, aspect, floor plan, and of course price. I would take a "good" house in Beechpark over a "bad" house in Westfield as the location for both are pretty similar and I have never heard anything negative about either estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

Heard from someone who has an apartment in Beech Park that there is pyrite in some of the properties there. Perhaps look into that before buying.

Advertisement