Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved][Social and fun] delusiondestroyers appeal of an infraction in CA

Options
  • 09-06-2023 10:45pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This is delusiondestroyers thread to appeal a warning received in the Immigration to Ireland thread in CA.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭delusiondestroyer

Hi,

I feel I have been harshly and unfairly given a infraction for my post, it was deemed according to the mod as "utterly abusive" and "Attacking" or to that extent.

I disagree with this as the post is neither "attacking" or "abusive" and was never intended as such.

It is also worth noting this poster took issue with my opinion and insisted on having a go without actually arguing against my post with factual based argument.

I have done my best to resolve this with tens of sword but he/she is disinterested in doing so.

I will post a screenshot of the pms if that's allowed and needed.

Thanks

Screenshots

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'll flag to Soc+Fun CMOds now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi delusiondestroyers,

I will look into this for you. Please give me some time to investigate.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi delusiondestroyers,

Having reviewed this, I am going to uphold the ban. You were warned on the same day and in the same thread to stop attacking posters. You then continued to do exactly that with your condescending comment about a poster allegedly having "her head firmly buried in the sand and convinced herself that the vast majority of them coming in are doctors and surgeons."

This is uncivil and given that you were previously warned, as noted above, I am upholding this.

Please let me know if you want to have an admin review this.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Hi ancapailldorcha,

Thanks for reviewing it, I do disagree with your take on things as I think it lacks context and zooms in on very specific points to make them seem worse that what they were all the while completely ignoring and absolving everything else, what's being constituted as an attack and abusive is honestly madness and extremely harsh in this case.

I also think you need to define what constitutes an "Attack" and "Utterly abusive" by mods standards if for nothing else clarity and consistency's sake, so as it stands you are saying the phrase " such and such has there head firmly buried in the sand" is a bannable offense.

Calling out some ones petty insults as boring is deemed "utterly abusive" and an "attack" (bare in mind they were insulting me...)

Stating someone takes cheap shots at other peoples argument with no intention of engaging in a factual debate is an "attack" and "abusive".

It really doesn't help anyone either that the entire exchange has been conveniently deleted...

So am i correct to assume the following if someone states a poster that is insulting them as boring is an instant infraction?

And if anyone says someone is burying there head in the sand is an instant infraction?

I would like an admin to review it please as I think its a very harsh infraction.

Post edited by delusiondestroyer on

That's fair enough. I'll request one for you now.

H. H. Asquith

Have reviewed this, and the rest of your contributions to that thread.

Card upheld, for the reasons @ancapailldorcha outlined.

Is there a way to escalate this further?

Sorry now but this just has a complete "circle the wagons" vibe off it.

Although I knew I would not get a fair shake here as every single appeal is shot down by mods all backing one and other.

Also if I see any mod referring to a poster in rather than the post and I report it will action be taken?

The infractions are fair enough so long as it is across the board and everyone is carded consistently for the same offenses although the consistency is lacking.

Gonna be interesting to see the results when I start reporting "attacks".

• Advertisement

No, this is the end of the road.

If you see attacks, please report them so they can be dealt with.

Closing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement