Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Star Trek Paradox Game!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

Setting it in the TNG era is the right call it has far more established races to pick from and can lead into expansions like the Dominion War or Delta Quadrant races.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Might start earlier in NX or TOS era like with Stellaris and early starts.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looking forward to seeing a trailer. Paradox are a good company for one's 4x game; I wonder if there'll be an action, fleet component at all or if it'll be a purely map based game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Very interested in this. Hopefully more than 5 possible factions, though?

Paradox are publishing but a different crowd are making it. The lads behind Masters of Orion 4. Which was mixed reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah ok. Interesting. I guess we'll see but if nothing else I'm heartened that the return of Trek to games has NOT involved a FPS or some Mass Effect knock-off, but ideas that play into the franchise's key pillars.

So yes, very much a 4x game by the look of the "full" trailer

Looks like it will also have early era starts also.

It definitely looks and feels more like Masters of Orion than Stellaris

Although others claim its exactly like the New Horizons Stellaris mod with a preset map.

Got a new trailer for this, outlining more of the specifics of what you can do.

Spoilers: it involves charts + spreadsheets 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Hook it to my veins! It's been so long since we've had a great Trek game

• Advertisement

Early previews seem very positive.

Start point is early TNG

Seems to be mission or quest based map to keep the timeline in order?

Consensus is its much more than a Stellaris mod.

Map is set and defined, unlike Stellaris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

Three or four more runs of Baldur's 3 Gate and I'll move on to this.

Weird it's taken so long to create a Star Trek strategy game. Been a while since BOTF or armada.

Out tomorrow, for anyone with a PC that can handle these kind of games... it looks deep...

Really looking forward to this when I get home from work today!

Anyone play yet?

Right I've played 55minutes of this, while it's not a lot, I've a few observations

1. It's Star Trek Stellaris. Literally. Its Stellaris with Star Trek symbols, ships, tech tree, etc (still undecided if its better or worse than the free Horizon mod) and its definitely not BOTF.

2. Voice-over is absolutely terrible

3. Mainly set in early TNG years

4. Bugs, bugs a plenty.

5. You choose one of the four major powers and the map is already preselected.

6. Mission tree is basically like Imperator Rome game

7. Music is bland

Overall its a 6/10

Not sure if there will be more DLC, probably since that's how Paradox milk their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭eadrom

Ah, that's disappointing. Hopefully it gets better with patches, and/or at least gives modders something to build from.

Sounds like the major problem are the bugs - those are solvable & I'd be shocked if they aren't fixed over the next few weeks and months, assuming it isn't such a flop it's just Memory Hole'd by the studio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

So far I'm loving it. Il love these Civilisations/Total War type games and have been waiting ages of a Star Trek one.

99% of the criticism I'm seeing on line is "it's just Stellaris with a skin" so having never played Stallaris that's not a problem for me.

Advertisement