Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nothing Phone

Options
  • 09-06-2023 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just saw that some upcoming renders of the Nothing Phone (2) have been released and that it will be unveiled next month.

It got me thinking, did anyone here own the Nothing Phone (1)? What was your experience with it?

I was curious about it when it was released, but aside from the (admittedly) cool, flashy design...I didn't seem that interesting. I also remember most reviews about it were middling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭niallb

I've had a Nothing Phone (1) for the last month and I love it.
    I know this question's a year old, but I'm amazed nobody answered it.

I bought it because connecting to a new WiFi access point set to 160MHz killed the wifi chip in my Xiaomi Mi 11 stone dead.
    I was just looking for something to tide me over for a few months, but it could be a bit longer.
    I'm seeing very good battery life and the screen is gorgeous - very bright and up to 120Hz refresh.
    Camera can focus on a QR code across the room in a split second too.

It's got wireless charging in both directions, and plugged in gets to 90% in an hour from empty.
    You can set it to go silent when you turn it upside down on a level surface and rely on the "Glyph" indicators.
    I'm using them much more than I thought I would - it's a bit excessive, but more than a gimmick.

I'll be keeping an eye on what they're bringing out next anyway.

Advertisement