Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone for Gabion Baskets

Options
  • 09-06-2023 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get the stone size needed for filling gabion baskets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,163 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It depends where you are for recommendations.

A relative had a double (high) row of full size baskets put in to hold up a steep bank and the guys who did it put in 'facing' stones, stood inside the basket and built them up against the front where they were going to be seen, gradually back filling with rough stones as they went. They did a fabulous job and some 7 or 8 years later it still looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

They can look so good I've even seen fake ones. Saw one concrete wall where they put in standoffs giving about a 150mm gap and then put mesh up and filled behind the mesh with stone.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement