Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand bike shops in Dublin

Options
  • 08-06-2023 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

Ok my bike is gone because I foolishly let an untrustworthy person borrow it. (He claims he was jumped by some young fellas who took the bike, I suspect he sold it to buy drugs).

Can't afford to buy new at present so am looking at second hand bikes. Seems there are a few shops in Dublin that have reasonable selections of second hand bikes.

Reliable Bikes, Phibsborough.

Sydney Bikes, NCR

Bolton Cycles, Bolton Street.

City Cycles, Fairview.

Does anyone have any experience with any of the above? Or any suggestions for other shops? Preferably northside or city centre. Or is anyone selling anything on here at present? I'm looking for a large gents hybrid, 21 speed or more, with mudguards, preferably with disc brakes (but the latter not essential). Doesn't have to be good-as-new but must be in reasonable working order with no damage to the tyres or wheels, brakes and gears working etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,532 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Have you tried Adverts.ie and Donedeal ? There are some stolen bikes up there too, but if you look for someone with a bit of history selling stuff other than bikes, you should be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

http://www.dublinbikeman.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Try artane cycles near the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

Thanks all. Quick update. Bought a nice bike from these people:

https://www.instagram.com/alohaabikes/?hl=en

I didn't even plan on visiting them, I came across the shop more or less by accident while looking for Bolton Cycles which appears to have closed down.

Advertisement