Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIDI map a mouse-click?

Options
  • 08-06-2023 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, anyone know a solid way of mapping a non-MIDI software features to MIDI hardware please?

I have made an experimental rig which uses PC software and MIDI hardware - it works really well but there's just one issue stopping it from being perfect for me...I have mapped all the software to my MIDI controller, but there are several functions which I'm still having to control with a mouse-click, which I'd prefer to map to the MIDI hardware instead.

In all cases, these are the "Randomize" buttons on the software which uses a single mouse-click to operate.

As a workaround, I've created mouse macro recordings and assigned them to keyboard shortcuts. I also purchased "BOME MIDI" but it's too complicated for me to use. I'm considering possibly using a "multi-mouse software" to hook up several cheap mice to a USB hub and just wire the mouse buttons to the switches on my MIDI deck - but before I start down that route (which may not even work)....does anyone know of a decent mouse to MIDI software or a different/simpler solution that just works please?

I don't mind using free or paid software and I don't mind having to use an autohotkey script, vst, dll etc - as long as I can get it working. Just wondering what the normal/recommended solution is for this kind of thing?

If I can get everything mapped to MIDI, I can throw the whole thing into a nice standalone project-case/rack, and not need to rely on the laptop screen and mouse anymore.

Thank you.

Advertisement