Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using intervals.icu for running?

Options
  • 08-06-2023 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭

I've been using intervals.icu (it's a website) for the past couple of years, both the free version and more recently chucking them some money on a quarterly subscription because I like it so much.

Similar to a lot of sports trackers, it's a bit cycling-focused because of the now near-ubiquitous use of power meters amongst cyclists, but I'm finding it quite useful for running, to track my volume, mix of different zones etc.

For my purposes it sucks all the data from Strava (which I don't pay for) but has integrations with other cloud fitness platforms.

For context, I only started running in April this year and am still doing about 3 hours a week of cycling.

Here's a screenshot from my "Fitness" page which I mostly use to monitor my training load.

Other things it can show is the last few years with my various failed attempts to exercise consistently for more than a couple of months. 😂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Nice looking site, I'm using TrainingPeaks (because my coach does), it's amazingly dated and horrid but *I imagine* more time and energy went into fine tuning the data/metrics than the presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I haven't been using it but it seems like a similar resource to Runalyze which I look at occasionally. My issue with these things is the overload of information they provide. I'm generally happy enough with what I get from Coros/Strava. Runalyze is definitely worth a try though, if you're a data head.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thanks, I was just trying Runalyze. Can't get it to sync with Strava for some reason, I'm sure I'll work it out!

edit: ok, I managed to sync eventually

Post edited by Lumen on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭jlang

I've used runalyze and intervals for a while. (not paying yet, but I'd sooner pay for either than Strava. As long as Garmin gets the activity, I have all three sites set up to slurp it in too.) I find the database of activities and searching is better with runalyze but prefer the summary graphs/analysis with intervals. Main think I like is that their monitoring of total load and periodisation (etc) does a reasonable job of adding runs and rides of different intensities (by HR or power or pace if neither is available). I don't look at raw total hours or total miles as much any more. Only running 3 days a week as I manage my way out of ongoing Achilles issues but filling in the missing easy runs with time on the bike. Some of the intervals power stuff is probably more suited to cycling, but I have no cycle power meter and it works OK with the data Garmin gives by measuring run power at the wrist. I also like that the developers of both and intervals in particular are very responsive on their support/forum sites - and improvements come along pretty regularly.

Advertisement