Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Med 2

Options
  • 08-06-2023 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Just wondering if anybody has any idea of the wait times for claiming for dental expenses with a Med 2 form? I submitted the documentation in February. Sent revenue a message through my enquiries over a month ago and still haven’t heard anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Did you just submit a MED 2 to Revenue without them asking for it or did you complete a tax return and upload your med 2 as part of the return filing process?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rainbowshimmer

I followed the instructions on their website for non-Routine dental care, which said to select add new tax credit and select health expenses and add it as a credit. It gave me the option to upload a picture of the med 2 form, so I did. I can see the added tax credit but it just says pending for the last 2 months.

That's the instruction for claiming tax relief for expenses incurred in the active tax year. So you do that if you want to receive tax relief through increased tax credits for 2023 for expenses incurred in 2023. A new tax credit certificate for 2023 should have issued. Can you check your latest tax credit certificate for 2023 in my documents and see if it was added? If it was then it's reducing the amount of tax you pay in 2023 on your wages. If not then it hasn't been added and you'd need to try to call them if they haven't responded to your myenquiries.

Thanks for that. I probably should have waited til next year to claim it so? I’ve just checked and they haven’t issued a new tax credit cert. As it’s still pending I can discard it and just claim next year but I should probably ring them first.

You can do either. It's the same result but I personally prefer a lump sum refund after the year end when I file my tax return.

• Advertisement

Yeah, me too! Good to know for future reference. Thanks

Advertisement