Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croi charity cycle

Options
  • 07-06-2023 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

In preparation for the ring of Kerry charity cycle in a few weeks time I was thinking of going the Croi charity cycle on Sunday week.

however I know nothing about the route or the event as such (bar what’s on their website) so if anybody has any feedback, suggestions or experiences to share (how challenging parts of it are, is it hilly, is it tough, roughly how long it takes, any advice) I would really appreciate it. I would be looking to do the longer route as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

About 110km. Very flat start and finish, middle is a bit lumpy but not hard, lovely scenary around the tip of the lake.

A nice spin overall and recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ninoon

There is a steepish pull out of Moycullen , early on . then rolling hills here and there, lovely route

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Apologies, just noticed they changed the route and it no longer circles the lake. Disappointed to see the new route which is and has been used by other charity spins. The idea of circling the lake was nice but I suppose traffic is getting heavier out to Headford.

As above just 1 climb of any significance out if Moycullen but it's only 1.5km. then out along by the sea with nice views of the Aran Islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tbo1

Thanks so much for all the insights, much appreciated - it’s good just to have an idea of what lies ahead 🙂 It’ll be the last of the long spins before RoK in a couple of weeks time.

Advertisement