Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Credit card stamp duty

Options
  • 07-06-2023 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

So I successfully switched to alternative credit card provider, paid my annual 30 euro stamp duty to the new provider and thought I was home and dry. Then got a bill from UB for 30 euro stamp duty on the now defunct credit card. Ignored it until the bill went up to 38.50 a month later. Decided that I had better pay up. WEnt to post office who told me that they cannot process the payment because the Giro code on the bill no longer works. Try calling the UB helpline the nice lady at the post office said. Tried that multiple times but couldnt get through. Anybody got any ideas how i can stop the compound interest kicking in?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Copied from UB website, make a payment to the relevant IBAN Below, with your 16 digit card number as reference.

IBAN for Credit Card starting in 5434

IE28ULSB98700127272779

------------------------------------------------------------------

IBAN for Credit Card starting in 455718

IE22ULSB98700228282867

---------------------------------------------------------------

IBAN for CREDIT Card starting 520640

IE16ULSB98700329292955

--------------------------------------------------------------

BIC for all:

ULSBIE2D

Make sure to include your full credit card number as the reference. That should get you sorted.

Also, look after this ASAP. You get one month grace before a missed payment shows on the CCR. That's a pain in the ass you don't want to be dealing with for the next 5 years when er you apply for credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The stamp duty should have been charged when you closed your UB card.

Last September I just rang up UB, asked them for closing balance and they said "you need to pay the April 2023 stamp duty now"

I said fine and paid the whole lot off. Got a closing statement and a letter confirming stamp duty was paid for y/e 01/04/2023 which I gave to my new card provider AIB. They still charged me stamp duty in April but that's another story - they seem to have f*cked up with a lot of new customers and have promised a refund.

Advertisement