Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

castlegarden xdc 140 rideon lawnmower, how to disengage the brake

Options
  • 07-06-2023 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭

hi guys

hoping somebody can help me, I have a castlegarden xdc 140 rideon lawnmower, there was an issue with it (the blades didnt engage) and the lawnmower companyh I bought it from here in Limerick picked it up and fixed it and dropped it off in the driveway, while I was away. When I arriverd home, I started it adn enginge starte dup straight away, but as soon as I try to drive forward or backwards the engine start to cut out (whether the collecting box is on or not).

I suspect it has Something to do with the foot brake lock, which I never have used and dont know how to use (this is the button on the right, beside the knee). I have tried playing around with it with no success and I dont want to force it in case I make matters worse. I guess the guy that delivered it to me left it with the brake on.

I have trird googling it but no relevent hits I can find.

Any ideas for me?

I would love to get it going and mow the lawn ASAP as I will be away for a few days from tomorrow on and was already away for the long weekend and the lawn needs a good cut!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

mods please delete this post, I have found out how to fix the issue!

Advertisement