Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Sheik ... has died aged 81.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

RIP, had just come here to post about this too. A strange, legendary character in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

His post rants very funny

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Jesus! There is a blast from WWF past! A fantastic heel and one that really helped stoke Hulkamania!

I've not been a watcher of WWE for a long, long time but some great memories of reenacting Iron Sheik and Hulk Hogan. The heel trio of Iron Sheik, Sgt Slaughter and the Russian lad, made wrestling must watch TV in the mid 80s round mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Whoever let The Iron Sheik die, GO **** YOURSELF

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shieky Baby some great laughs watching him in early 90s

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Married to the same woman for 47 years. Imagine that in WWE world... Was an Iranian champion, maybe Olympics too, before turning 'pro' as I recall.

BTW, that video from Springer.... Epic. +100 for @JP Liz V1

He lived the gimmick to his last breath.

His prime was way before my time but glad we have the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Always thought it interesting that when he beat Backlund, that marked the ascension of the 'Vince McMahon' era, when wrestling turned from my dad's era of 'gorgeous george' 'bruno sammartino' 'haystacks calhoun' as the 'stars', to Hogan. Hogan in Rocky II really kicked it off, but they had to get rid of the boring, conventional champion like Backlund and so, bring in a topical villain - the evil Iranian, then oust him with Hogan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement