Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI application query

Options
  • 07-06-2023 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I wonder would anyone be able to help me with this query. In the process of applying for our sons third level grant, he is a current leaving cert student.

In the last 2 weeks I have been laid off, but I fully expect to be back to work again within the next 4-6 weeks permanently. Just wondering how I would go about applying for the grant when my circumstances may change during the decision process?

My wife is currently working, and combined with my average salary the last 5 years, we would be inside the threshold (less than 100k), so just wondering what the best course of action would be? Really don't want to be waiting 6 weeks as i'm leaving it really late.

Also, just wondering how it all works, without a college offer (our son will probably go to Dublin or stay local depending on results) don't they need to know where he will be going before deciding on a grant amount?

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Toby22

Hi, the grant application is based on previous years income, ie for applying in September 2023 it’s based on income from January 2022 to December 2022. My son has applied and has put down his college course of preference, first on his CAO. Obviously he won’t know til results are out if he gets it, but you can apply now

Advertisement