Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for hose

Options
  • 07-06-2023 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I am fed up of hose kinking so that it stops spraying when moving around.

Have 30 metre and it is that hardish type of plastic or similar.

Is there a softish version that would not kink up and flow continuously? Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jonnreeks

Lidl's Parkside wall mounted hose reel 25 meter, is worth a look at. I got one 4/5 years back and its perfect for a standard small sized garden back & front while convenient for a car wash too. €64.99, cheaper by at least €20+, for the Hozelock & Gardena models sold in most outlets here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have two of those scrunchie chinese hoses linked... they are grand and gather up tight and neat... very easy to move around and they don't kink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Tricoflex always used to be the professional choice for hose pipe. Don't know what happened to the brand name but Hoselock have also taken on the name and sell several versions, Tricoflex Ultraflex seems a good compromise its antikink and it includes a blue line down the side. The blue line is handy if you have some common sense as it gives you an indication of how twisted up your hose is getting. Best to manoeuvre your hose to try and keep the blue line as straight as possible which reduces the chance of kinks without having to rely on the antikink qualities of the hose.

You can still get Tricoflex brand name hose which should have the Tricoflex name on the hose itslef, if you find it then it will be expensive. Do watch out however as the chinese have picked up on the premium brand name and you can find cheap chinese hose pipe with the "Tricoflex" name.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭loco-colo

Great replies - I will get to work on them - Many Thanks.

By the by, what is the best budget retractable hose reel from anyone's experience?

Lidl have been selling a Parkside 25 metre model for €64.99.

Hoselock & Gardena are other brands in B & Q and Woodies. They can be pricey and usually start from €100+, especially if its a 30 metre type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

This is 25m https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-Compact-2in1-Reel-Hose/dp/B000RGPIAE not a bad unit, neighbour has had two wall mounted (back and front of house) for about 5 years and I've noticed them in regular use this weather.

The hose in them isn't Hoselocks most expensive but still decent quality. The link is for a Amazon Warehouse return at £50 but not sure of normal price. Just check on camel x3 and its only £52 full price.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Hi, thanks for the input, I will check this out and consider the purchase.

Nice 1 😀

Advertisement