Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has boards.ie been subject to a hacking attack? Very strange test threads on the homepage!

Options
  • 07-06-2023 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Have you guys been hacked?

Post edited by Beasty on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

You’re just seeing it for the first time. They’ll be deleted soon.

it’s just spam, thankfully ends up in test forum, not the main forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Was wondering what the hell was going on

That being said…I am curious about taking them up on some of their interesting black magic offers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,663 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I’m on it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,663 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Normal service has been resumed.

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Damn you for removing them - I was just about to cast a nasty spell on someone I hate and you go and remove the numbers.

I even have the lamb sacrificed. So Im left here with a lamb Ill have to eat now.And Im not mad about lamb.

We got it within a reasonable timeframe. Keep the reports coming and we’ll do the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

These fairly obnoxious spambot outbursts have been going on for a few weeks now. If you're only spotting one now, it's testament to how prompt we're nuking them. The most common theme is targetting Africans via magic fraud, or the middle east for various abortion drugs. Every now and then it goes for the more generic counterfeit cash/docs and pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

First time I've noticed them and they were deleted shorty after in fairness to the Mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,076 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The important thing is, there are absolutely no human sacrifices.

Advertisement