Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile home in lahinch

Options
  • 03-06-2023 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Does anyone know how you go about getting your own mobile home in Lahinch or who to contact about it? I’ve been thinking about it for a while but have never done anything about it and don’t know where to start. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Contact the park owners. Google will help you find them.

There's one of them very near my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I feel like every Mobile Home park in Clare/Kerry now has waiting lists that are beyond reason

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

And the guys running them tell you where you buy the mobile home and you have to buy it from the supplier they recommend or you don’t get in. I am always amazed revenue never got stuck in to them about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Same in a mobile home park in Kerry that my partner's family have one.

(i) You have to buy your mobile home off the guy's suppliers (ii) It now has to be up to a certain 'visible standard', effectively pushing people to buy a new one every 5/6 years or so (iii) Have to pay stupid amounts to get extra key fob for the entranceway etc. (iv) Feels like annual rates have genuinely been going up massively year-on-year

It all feels a bit scammy alright. Serious moneymaker I'd say

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Standard practice I believe.

p.s. Why would Revenue care (assuming the appropriate tax is paid on profits)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Thanks guys. Seems next to impossible so.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

“Back handers” aren’t normally declared! Revenue audits help detect the presence of this practice.

I”ll spell it it out, suppliers are paying some caravan park owners back handers for forcing people to purchase their mobile home from a particular supplier.

i cannot expand any further.

Advertisement