Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does a post graduate certificate equate to a masters?

Options
  • 03-06-2023 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hello :)

Have been thinking about applying for a civil servant role in my profession(Vet) in the next number of years after 10 years in the private sector, and invariably to get one of these jobs some sort of post-graduate degree seems to be required(not always mind you). I am currently in the middle of a certificate in advanced veterinary practice that could at this point still be transitioned into a designated certificate in veterinary public health, awarded by the royal college of veterinary surgeons in conjunction with various universities that would be applicable to civil servant roles. However there are also masters courses in Veterinary Public Health(from which most of the modules in the certificate will come from). The work load between the certificate and the masters will be quite similar and I would actually be finished the masters sooner. However the certificate suits me a bit better as I can complete it a little bit slower.

My question is when applying for a public role, would a masters automatically be looked upon more favorably than a certificate or will this depend on the masters/certificate in question?

Thanks

Advertisement