Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Varicocelectomy Pain & Reoccurrence

Options
  • 03-06-2023 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I had a varicocelectomy a few days ago and have questions for anyone who has had one.

When should pain in my testicle go away?

I’m still quite sore in my groin from the surgery itself but I’m still feeling the usual pain in my testicle. Will this gradually go away over time and the pain I’m still feeling is just part of recovery?

I lived with a constant pain in my testicle for 5 years, hence the surgery. So the main point of the surgery was to get rid of the pain so when should I expect to notice some relief?

Also did anyone who has had the surgery have reoccurrence of the pain at any point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

Hi,

I had this procedure back in September and it took several months for the pain to subside.

I was very disappointed initially as I thought it would be a quicker fix and I went back to my consultant and GP who both told me it would take time to heal as it's a very sensitive area!

It was probably around March before I considered myself free of issues but I still get the odd distant twinge although these too are becoming fewer and farther apart.

It does take a while to heal but I am glad I had it done as I found it absolutely debilitating on occasion due to the pain.

If you're concerned contact your consultant and of course there's never any harm in a second opinion.

I wouldn't panic just yet but keep an eye on it.

Advertisement