Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike shop help

Options
  • 01-06-2023 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Want to use bike to work to buy a top notch helmet and probably a cheap folding bike on the bike to work.

Bike shops with good helmets in store is turning out to be difficult so far. Called to couple local shops and been looking through online for likes of cycle superstore and edge. Very little stock.

Quay cycles drogheda reckons too hard to keep stock. Lots of people coming in to check and then buying online. 4 helmets and you've 1000 worth sitting there.

Kask, MET, Poc.....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i got a new helmet about 3 years ago. tried about half a dozen bike shops on the northside and city centre, and failed - mainly because i've a stupid **** shaped head on me. finally found a helmet that fit (bell) out in the cycle superstore. they had by far the greatest range (this was definitely 2020, now that i think of it, because there was a queueing system with numbers in the shop held below a certain level).

and it was the second bell helmet in a row i'd bought. i obviously have a bell shaped head, at the risk of making a puerile joke about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Was in CSS about 6 months ago to get an emergency/back up lid after leaving usual helmet behind somewhere. They had a big selection of various models and sizes in stock. I think that the Specialized store in Browns Barn carry a decent amount in stock too but might be worth checking if anything in Specialized range suits and is in stock before a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Base2race carry POC, Kask, Laser, HJC and Giro, worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Base2Race and Wheelworx generally have a good stock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Forgot about this thread.

These guys were very helpful and had a decent range of Kask and POC.

Had a couple folding bikes too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement