Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda changing career to post operative with an post

Options
  • 01-06-2023 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi. I'm enquiring does anyone have any idea regards pension and joining An post from previous employment as a Garda.? Do I have to cash out my pension when I resign and start fresh ? Any info would be great thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This has nothing to with boards.ie. Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 vidar

Talk to your GRA rep they'll explain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Hi prospect.

According to here there seems to be an arrangement in place between the public service and semi state bodies.

I have heard of people move from the likes of DFB to Bus Eireann and the ESB - so it is possible to carry over service. Get in touch with the pensions section of An Post and they will tell you what you're entitled to exactly. I'd be surprised if it wasn't 1:1 in terms of service.

Advertisement