Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

writing competitions

Options
  • 01-06-2023 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

anyone know how to find out whether a writing competition (UK/Ireland) is a scam or not?

any special list i should know about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I just recently entered a short story competition, The Bristol Short Story Competition. I got it from a list of short story competitions on a website but can't find the website now that I went looking.

Can I ask why there may be scams out there? Just for my own piece of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MaryDarcy73

Hi Lefty

It is hard to know who's scamming who isn't. that's why I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way of finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I never actually thought someone would be scamming short stories.

I have only got into Creative Writing and done a part time course on it. My final piece for the class got a great amount of positive feedback so I said I'd enter it into a competition. Done a search on Google and got a website that listed off about 20 different competitions. The Bristol Short Story competition seemed the one most applicable to my story so I entered it.

Results of the competition due the start of next month. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement