Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden slats to be replaced on hit & miss garden fence

Options
  • 01-06-2023 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

I have a pretty bog standard flat top hit & miss wooden fence in my back garden. Some of the vertical wooden slats on the fence need to be replaced as they are rotting. The dimensions of each slat are 10mm thick x 145mm wide, with the length being approx. 1.7m. I need approx. 23nr of them. I've had a very unsuccesful search so far calling numerous sawmills in the general Dublin area. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might be able to source the slats?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,184 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That is off standard and it seems unlikely that you will get timber as narrow as 10mm, especially on a 150mm wide (6", nearest standard to your size).

Tongue and groove is treated, comes in 6" wide and 12.5mm - which is still a bit thicker than you want. You would probably have to take off the tongue though.

Could you move the other slats around a bit so all the new stuff is in one place, it would look tidier than mixed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭standardg60

Pretty sure they do them here

www.timbertrove.com

• Registered Users Posts: 28,184 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Looks like you are correct! OP might have to purchase a single fence panel and dismantle it but the timber size is nearly right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭standardg60

I'm sure they'll sell the op the lats themselves, they make the panels there.

Advertisement