Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Lough Cutra host a full iron triathlon in 2024?

Options
  • 01-06-2023 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Lough Cutra Triathlon and Multisport festival are potentially looking at hosting a full iron distance triathlon (3.8km/180.2km/42.2km) in May 2024.

The current course for the half iron distance at Lough Cutra is a suitable course to use as a template for the full.

Would this event appeal to the iron distance community in Ireland, Europe and the UK?

The event organiser currently hosts one iron distance in the UK in July.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

For the swim and the bike yes but the run course is fairly hard going, it's trail rather than road, if it was going full distance then I think that would need to be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

agree run course needs to be improved,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I have done cutra 3 times. I would be fully confident it would be a well run and organised event.

I would be concerned about the run course. Doing that run course, tired and in poor light would be a recipe for disaster.

Contemplating the gauntlet next year, who knows I could be convinced to do a full.

Advertisement