Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evelyn Cusack retires from Met Eireann

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Ah, best of luck to her, one of the best on ME, familiar face to many, and a brilliant presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Brilliant presenter and very professional. All the best to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,634 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Best Forecastor on Irish Tele IMO and came across as genuinely interested in the subject and not just going threw the motions like too many others - she will be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Best wishes for a happy retirement to Evelyn.

She was great at the job and a good contributor to other programmes.

Literally going out on a high 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

She was on Morning Ireland on RTÉ Radio 1 announcing her retirement. She was talking about the summer weather and trying to forecast the weather. She also announced new services on the Met.ie and Met Eireann apps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A likeable character who was always really enthusiastic about her work.

Best wishes to her for a happy and healthy retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Happy retirement to her. Missed her doing the forecasts ever since she took over the top job a few years back. Gerry probably favourite to take over?

Ah she’ll be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

She'll be missed, had a unique way of keeping things simple for everyone but giving just enough scientific and meteorological knowledge to keep the nerdier people happy. Always good at getting that balance just right. Also a very good presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hope she has a lovely retirement, one of the best meteorologists to present on Irish TV.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Best of luck Evelyn, you were an icon.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Sad to see her go.

Hard job in a country with weather like Ireland, especially in winter time with storms spinning around in the Atlantic.

No bullshit from her - Here is the science and facts and here is the forecast based on this.

And none of that dreadful fakeness on other channels.

And people really respected her for that.

Proves time and time again that people respect knowledge, experience and integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Congratulations on retiring, Evelyn.

She certainly was the household face of Irish weather forecasting for so many years. I always enjoyed her presentations and her many tv appearances outside of the regular forecasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭spoonerhead

One of a kind, will be missed!

Hopefully enjoys a well deserved retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭mrskinner

Evelyn….go n-éirí an thaw leat!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A class act. I hope she enjoys her well earned retirement pursuing her hobbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

I fondly remember her jousts with Ken Ring on the radio many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

There is a name I have not heard in a long time, which is a good thing. I remember that interview. Also she gave a great forecast that was a nod to this forum one night

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

fair thee well, Evelyn - from all your many viewers over the years

you were/are an all time Met Eireann legend and best ever female Meteorologist that Ireland has produced.

Advertisement