Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosmetic Surgery following a gastric bypass - issues with VHI

Options
  • 31-05-2023 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello there,

Im not sure if i picked the right group to post in but couldnt find a plastic surgery section....

I had a Gastric by pass 3 and a half years ago which was covered by my VHI. I was v grateful for it and lost 120 lbs. I now need an abdominoplasty and lipectomy which after a lengthy appeal the VHI have said they will cover. This was last August. I have not been called in for surgery yet because the cover they approved for me does not cover the length of my stay in hospital. Apparently I need a few days.

Im wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and maybe some advice?

At this stage im getting so frustrated i am considering just going elsewhere in ireland. If thats the case i wonder can anyone recommend someone good? It seems impossible to find many reviews for surgeons in this country.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Moved to Health Issues where it is better suited.

Local charter now applies.

Hilda

Advertisement