Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair app

Options
  • 31-05-2023 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

So me the big gobsh1te today checked in for holiday via Ryanair app. I used the saved passport details but after I check in I realised that it's my old passport details.

Changed passport details via app and asked Ryanair chat what I should do.. They said to "re-checkin" and all should be fine. There's no re check in option as I already have boarding passes.

Just wondering if I change via the app does it automatically change on their boarding passes! I'll ring tomorrow of course but I'm panicking here as starting 3 night shifts and could do without the stress!!

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,901 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If you've got a boarding pass, I think you're OK. I'm surprised the app accepted an out of date passport, but it seems to have.

I got caught abroad with Aer Lingus a few years back, I only had my passport card with me, and didn't realise that you can't check in online with it. I eventually checked in with my passport book details (which was sitting at home in Ireland), got my boarding pass, and had no problem going through the gate with the passport card.

So I don't think the document you check in with necessarily needs to be the same as the one you travel with.

You just need a valid travel document to board the plane.

Open to correction on all that, obviously - but that's my understanding based on my experience with AL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Slightly different but I was heading for a week away, two weeks ago with Ryanair. On the way to the airport I had a look at my passport and noticed I had my old out of date one with me. I didn't have enough time to head home and get my current one (which I had checked in with). Lucky enough I carry my passport card in my wallet so used that instead. I was a bit worried that the passport I checked in with is different (number etc) to my passport card but all they seem to do is scan the boarding card and check your name is the same.

Long story short, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

Thanks for replies, I had changed my passport to my married name so the saved passport on app was technically still in date! I'll ring tomorrow just to double check but I'm thinking it's grand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

I got a new passport last year. First thing you should do is cut the corners off the old one. I havent brought an old one before but my wife’s instead :-(

Advertisement