Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i have a dead rat somewhere in my house , please help me!!

Options
  • 26-05-2023 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

my name is Elah, I'm new here!

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to make this post, but I don't know who else to turn to, and my situation is quite urgent.

I had a rat problem at my house, but unfortunately, I had some bad luck as I was advised to use poison baits instead of natural repellents or traps. Now it has been five days since I stopped hearing strange noises in my attic. However, I have a dead rat somewhere in my house, and I'm afraid it will soon start to smell bad. I would like to know if anyone here could help me find a solution to this problem.

Post edited by shesty on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

OP,
    I am moving this thread as Paranormal is not the place for it - DIY may not be the place for it either, but maybe the mods here can give an opinion on that :)
    Thanks
    Shesty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭thomas 123

It will dry out in the attic, shouldn't smell bad, if it does start to smell bad that will help in finding it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

+1 on above. Rats only really smell if they die in a damp location. One in my shed recently stank the place out. Smell was so strong it took a while to locate it. However I regularly come across dead rats in the roof where is is dry and has a good airflow and they are just dried out husks that we never noticed any smell from.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

When I was a kid we had a rat die below the floorboards in my parents' upstairs bedroom and that certainly did smell, believe me! It was huge so maybe just took a bit longer to decompose. If its in the attic though I doubt you'll notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I think one of the poisons commonly used can lead to an increase in thirst. Check near/in any accessible water sources.

• Advertisement
Advertisement