Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone willing to host a Ukrainian family in Athlone?

Options
  • 30-05-2023 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

A friend of mine, a Ukrainian woman (40 y/o) with 2 children (a 14 y/o girl and an 11 y/o boy) will have to move out of their current accommodation soon. As there are no hosts available via the official channels in or around Athlone, I would like to ask if anyone is considering taking on a family? She does not want to leave Athlone, as the kids have finally started to settle in, make friends, become confident with the language etc., and she does not want to go back to her home city (Dnipro), as it is being shelled and bombed daily.

She is an enterprising woman, getting by through her work as a housekeeper and a childminder, while also studying here in Ireland to take up formal employment once she completes her course this year. She used to be an English teacher in Ukraine, so there are no issues with communication, she has her own car, and she is willing to contribute to the bills and to help around the house/garden, if required.

She is quite desperate, so if anyone would like to consider hosting her, kindly PM me. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement