Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avonvale Manor Wicklow Town

Options
  • 30-05-2023 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello everybody,

We're thinking about buying a house in a new development called Avonvale Manor, in Wicklow Town. Does anyone know if that's a safe area? Thank you.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Baybay

This development is, in my opinion, a bit outside the town. Quite a walk for most things, I’d say, though near the bus route, depending on where exactly the entrance is & the Montessori school. There are other individual houses nearby. I’d be surprised if much of anything untoward goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tony Yordanov

Is there anyone here that already lives the development? Any feedback on the quality of the build as well as the neighborhood?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LNGNCN

Tony, we decided to buy the house and it has been recently finalised. It looks to be good quality, we are quite happy with that. We haven't moved in yet, so unfortunately can't say about the neighborhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LNGNCN

Tony, we decided to buy the house and it has been recently finalised. It looks to be good quality, we are quite happy with that. We haven't moved in yet, so unfortunately can't say about the neighborhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 user1994

LNGNCN, I have also booked a house there. I sent a msg to you. Would like to connect with you. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Moliform

We are in a few months and very happy. Yes it is outside the town, for us that is a bonus. There are supposed to be plans to improve the road down to Montessori when the site is finished but might be best to ask the council about that to confirm if a deciding factor. Area and neighbourhood couldn't be nicer. The quality of our house is very good anyway and the foreman is very professional.
    The estate will comprise about 40 houses I think. There are also 9/10 houses being built alongside this development by a different building company that are earmarked for affordable/social housing. Allocation of this piece of land for that purpose and shared access for the back row of those houses was a condition of planning permission for Avonvale manor as far as I know. If not moved in yet feel free to message for any more information 👍

Advertisement