Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotts Evergreen spreader settings?

Options
  • 29-05-2023 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭

Hi. I've got a Scott EasyGreen rotary spreader and I've lost the manual giving the settings for different application rates.

I'm looking to spread some 10 10 20 on the lawn at some stage when weather forecasts some reason to wash it in.

I think that 50g/m2 seems to be the max rate to put it on at. How do I get the setting for this?

Thanks.

Post edited by funkey_monkey on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I used to use a very similar one a lot. Never had a manual for it. What I used to do was use the lowest setting (that would work for the granule size) and then spread from all 4 sides of the lawn. That way any mistakes tend to cancel out. If you run out chances are you haven't under or over dosed anything to much. If you have any left gauge against how much you have used and do whatever you need to again to use it up.

The recommended method is two passes at right angles. Four is just my way to be sure to be sure as some of the grass I maintained was bowling green quality cut to about a quarter of an inch. A mistake on that sure looks ugly.

btw I think 50g/m2 is too much. imo fine well rotovated in if you are preparing the soil for seeding but not as a surface dressing. I'd go with 25g/m2 and if necessary do the same again in a months time.

A neighbour over did something last year, possibly too much Ferrous Sulphate and has just spent a lot of time recently reseeding large bald patches?

Edit> I don't think the instruction manual will be any good anyway. iirc it only refers to application rates for specific Scotts products so unless there is one that has exactly the same granule size as what you are spreading it may not be much use.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Yes. Was reading up after posting and I think I'll go with the lowest seeing and see if I can work it out from there. I'll with it as I fill the hopper and I roughly know the lawn area, so should get an idea. A few applications a week or two apart might not be a bad way to go about it.

I'm not looking for rain yet so I can wait a while as I'm not not going to spread in this dry weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

It's been so dry that I'm on watering all day tomorrow, river water so I'm not wasting tap water.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement