Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenager First Phone

Options
  • 29-05-2023 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations on a first phone for a kid finishing primary school? Our first is hitting that age, and although I'm into my tech I haven't had a new to look at this part of the market.

1) Budget - I'm thinking € 150ish

2) Size - This is killing me. Everything seems to be 6.4"+ screen!? Is there nothing in the market for a reasonable price?

3) Common - Ideally something relatively common so it's not impossible to find cases etc

4) Usage - I'm assuming whatever messaging apps kids use (Snapchat?), browsing (football scores) and gaming ( doesn't have to be cutting edge, but don't wanna buy a complete heap of junk

5) OS - Android, and not that annoying basic version of Android you get on some really cheap phones

6) Connectivity - not fussed on 4G vs 5G

7) Other - being a kids phone the more rugged the better I guess!

I came across the Cubot KingKong Mini 3 on AliExpress which seemed like an interesting spec and small screen, but kinda breaks rule 3

Comments

Advertisement