Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Routing my Mobile Hotspot signal through my Home wireless router

Options
  • 27-05-2023 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all. I have not had a FTTH broadband signal for the last 3 days. The open eir people are trying to detect a break in the fiber cables along the poles or something (as far as I have been told) .

i am thankful of using my mobile phone data for internet, putting on Mobile Hotspot on my Android phone - not as fast as FTTH but much better than no internet connection at all (I have no phone line in the house)

So I was just wondering even though I think the answer is no , is there an actual way I could link my mobile hotspot signal up to my home router (the FRITZ 7530 router) so that it then can wirelessly rout the hotspot signal to all my wireless products I have up to the fritz box (off top of my head chromecast, amazon echo and sky+ box) - is that even a possibility ?

Even if I cannot wirelessly connect to router that way, could I tether from USB from mobile phone to the USB of the fritzbox router and do it that way?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Not very likely, most routers won’t be able to act as a wireless repeater

Advertisement