Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a hkc 1070 panel box

Options
  • 27-05-2023 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have an old hkc alarm panel and the battery needs replacing however I cannot open the panel. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Some posts say pop out the hkc “button” and a screw is revealed but that doesn’t work for me or at least I cannot get it to work. I attach a picture of the box in case anyone has a suggestion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Top picture, the 2 tabs at the top cover the 2 screws.

If the panel is on its side be careful opening as the battery is on its side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jmel

Thanks Altor.

The unit is upright - my picture got uploaded sideways.

How do you get those tabs off without breaking them? Is there a knack to getting them off?

I have tried it with a screw driver but they seemed very difficult to remove and I am afraid to force it.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

They are only plastic covers. The open from the outside. Think I can see the screw driver mark but go out as far as you can or else use you hand to pull the tab open

Advertisement