Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica-Munich 2024

Options
  • 26-05-2023 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Have had it in my mind to catch Metallica live whenever I got the chance. Not a metal head at all but love their tunes. They are playing in Munich next May, and was just looking for advice:

Is it feasible to fly in the Friday of the concert, as in is it navigable and reliable to get from the airport to a hotel and straight to the Olympiastadion, or would I be better to fly in the night before to be on the safe side? Not familiar with Munich as a city at all, last German city I was in was Hamburg.

Would I need my wits about me? I can only imagine that German metal heads are a bit mental 😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only thing with flying in day of the show is if thr flight got delayed. If its scheduled to land in early morning it would likely be fine. German transport is nice and efficient so you'd get to the stadium ok once you're not trying to squeeze in a hotel check in with transfers into a 2/3 hour period

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

I did this back in 2006 when i was going to see Madonna in London. I already had a ticket for a show the day after I was travelling but ended up picking up a ticket for a show on the day I was flying over.

I made it ok, think my flight was around lunchtime or early afternoon, but I do remember being on the train from the airport into the city getting quite anxious as to whether I'd make it. Probably the only reason I did was that i was staying with a relation who lived near a Tube station on the Jubilee line which is the line you need to take to get to Wembley.

So it was literally the case where I got to her flat, I think around 6-ish, probably had something very quick to eat, and then was straight back out on the Tube to the show.

So doable on the same day, as long as there's no major delays at any stage and you plan it almost like a military operation lol. Particularly if you're not familiar with the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fanirish

As others have said it really depends on flight times to Munich. Aer lingus morning flight would get you in for lunchtime.

just figure out transport lines to the venue and pick a hotel with relative easy transport access to the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

You can stay in a hotel in the Olympic Village. I did that when I went to Bruce Springsteen in 2009. The whole Olympic compound is interesting to see anyway. A lot of the original signage from 1972 is still preserved.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'd prefer to be there the day before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Yeah think I'd rather be the day before as well, you don't wanna be stressing out and you want to enjoy yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭thebourke

If I was you I would fly the day before the concert, you will have more time.

You never know what happens with flight details etc.

The door open quite early.

I was over in Gothenburg for their show in sweden last month.

I'm going next year again to see them in Warsaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you took the I out of Munich it would be Metallica Munch, so possibly a breakfast or a lunch.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Beckitt92

Hello!

I've 2 X Two day general admission tickets for Munich (24th and 26th May),

Currently have them for resale on ticketmaster.de, link below.

Give me a shout if interested or you can get the tickets via the link.

Can't go anymore as my friend is pregnant and don't think a mosh pit in Mu och will be a great place for her 🤣

Cheers!

https://secure.ticketmaster.de/rs/491049/l8j7xnrv

Advertisement