Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy to Let Mortgage Question

Options
  • 25-05-2023 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I am looking at a buy to let property. Does anyone know if the following expenses are tax deductible please?

• Stamp Duty
    • Solicitor Fees (my own) 
    • Solicitor Fees (the bank's solicitors)
    • Arrangement Fee
    • Surveyor 
    • Valuer 

Thanks in advance,

K

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

None of the above as they are all incidental costs of purchase and would form part of the base cost for any ultimate sale.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭DubCount

I agree. These are all costs of the purchase of the property and would go against any future CGT liability. None would be allowable for income tax.

OP, a buy2let mortgage is a brave investment at the moment. If you have to ask the question you asked, I'm not sure its a sensible investment for you. Please take some independent financial advice before taking out a buy2let mortgage. There may be better options for your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

The real question you want to get an answer to is - Why are all of the current landlords getting out as fast as they can if its so good?

Advertisement