Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frog development

Options
  • 25-05-2023 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭

I have a garden pond which hosts numerous balls of frog spawn every Ferbruary. Has done for the past couple decades.

But , while the tadpoles grow, I never see any intermediate stages, i.e. with leg development and tail Now , at the end of May, I still see quite a few tadpoles in the pond but they still all have the most juvenile shape with no evidence of leg development etc. I do occasionally see small, tiny, frogs in my garden , but i am not too sure if they have come from the pond.

At this stage i am wondering if the pond is lacking some key ingredient or if the temperature is too low. Any ideas what could be going on or is this all normal.?

Advertisement