Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about STIs

Options
  • 25-05-2023 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭

I Googled this at first out of curiosity but not being able to find the answer is irking me.

So pubic lice is spread by sexual activity (and various other ways) and it isn’t anything to do with personal hygiene. This all the that Google has on how it spreads but I can’t find anything about so how the “carrier” gets it in the first place?

I was talking with a comrade in work last night and he told me about an outbreak of pubic lice among a large portion of the male employees a few years ago. They had all had sexual contact with the same female employee.

This is what led to my curiosity about where an STI comes from. How does the first person in the chain get crabs or any STI? I assume it is not the first case of pubic lice still going strong after all these centuries.

Comments

Advertisement