Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jap vs euro leaf

Options
  • 24-05-2023 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Are the Japanese built nissan leaf better build quality than the euro version ? Can't imagine the euro leafs software etc issues going down well at all in Japan. Am I right in saying the euro leaf is based a lot on renault software and chips ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭sh81722

Based on a 12 and 161 LEAFs reg cars I have seen:

The Sunderland cars have better rust proofing, more modern power electronics, bigger size 12V battery + better battery management so no issues with the battery going flat, can suffer from rear axle alignment issue, the paint is not as even.

There are some European made parts but there does not seem to be any difference in reliability except the old ones suffer from heater issues plus don't have the more efficient heap pump, and the battery chemistry is way worse. The different models have no Renault electrics in any case. I don't know how the newer Japanese import cars compare though but they'd want to be very good to be able to improve on the 132ish-> European ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zg3409

Are you thinking of buying a jap import leaf? The navigation system is only in Japanese and as said UK build cars tended to be better but with a few known issues.

Advertisement