Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 recommendations

Options
  • 24-05-2023 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

Lads, just looking for a few PS4 recommendations. I have a PS5 and I never had a PlayStation before it. I have played all the PS5 games I want, (Ghost of Tsushima, Elden Ring, God Of War Ragnorak, Ratchet & Clank, Horizon Forbidden West).

I got God of War for the PS4 and found it was v close to the PS5 version in many ways. So looking for other games on the PS4 that are not far behind the PS5 standard.

I got Batman Gotham knight based on ratings, but it looks terrible compared to PS5 games and God of War PS4 edition. I see its 2015, so I am guessing that things moved on a lot between 2015 and 2018 (When God Of War Ps4 was released).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

The problem here is you got a PS5 and start playing some of the greatest games ever! Not just graphics wise, but everything about the games you played are absolute top tier.

Everything you play now will look worse than the games you have played because they were built for an older system. You have to put that aside and try to enjoy the games for what they are based on the time they were built.

Last of Us, Last of Us 2, Fallout 4, GTA5, Red Dead Redemption 2, Uncharted 4, The Witcher, Spiderman, Metal Gear Solid 5 would be a selection of games I love in no particular order.

Also, if you have played everything on PS5 I assume you played Astro's Playroom. I love that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Are PS4 games going to start getting cheaper? Have a ton on my TODO list that I'd like to get around to before moving onto the PS5.

Would be nice to grab a few PS4 games in the bargain bin for €5 or whatever like Red Dead Redemption 2 or Death Stranding.

They'll probably hold their value if they offer free PS5 upgrades though

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Some of the PS4 games I most enjoyed:

Battlefield 1 & V (short but fun)

FarCry 5

FarCry New Dawn

Gran Turismo Sport

Grand Theft Auto V

Horizon Zero Dawn

Just Cause 3

Red Dead Redemption 2