Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creating backup from water damaged Huawei P40 lite

• 24-05-2023 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have a Huawei P40 lite that got water damaged. It's still working in that it's turned on, still charges, etc. I've managed to unlock the screen and connect it to a laptop so that the laptop can read files from it.

I can't however connect it to HiSuite on the laptop or the Phone Clone app (there are a couple of settings required to enable those connections and the screen is too "jumpy"/non-responsive to allow that).

Any ideas on what the best thing to do from here is?

Copy all the files from the phone to my laptop and then over to my new phone? I'm guessing that wouldn't bring over all my apps, etc?

Or am I as well just bring it to a phone repair shop and see if they can create a backup from it that I can then load onto my new phone?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

Do you know if you had your Google Account set up to back everything up to the cloud? If you did then once you log into a new phone it should give you the option to restore from a backup, which will bring over all your photos, and apps etc. Of course it'll take a bit longer since you'll have to download them rather than transfer using a wire, but it's an option nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭MacDanger

No, no google accounts or anything in the cloud to back it up from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

copy data to the laptop,eg photos,music,videos, images ,data to the laptop, copy to an sdcard, when you get new phone install apps ,log in with the password , use sdcard to copy data to the phone, you could buy a blue tooth mouse, or usb mouse , IF you can turn on bluetooth on the phone,

every phone requires a google account to install apps other than the preinstalled apps ,

bluetooth or usb mouse using OTG connector will work ,if bluettooth is enabled ,

Do You Need to Configure the Mouse in Android?

Unlike connecting, say, a game controller to Android is that hooking up a mouse requires little-to-no configuration. It is more or less a plug and play experience, which is of huge benefit.

For example, if you want to remotely connect to your home PC using an Android phone, connecting a mouse makes control more precise. Using Android TV? A mouse makes selecting icons far quicker than a controller or remote app.

https://www.google.com/search?q=otg+android+adaptor&rlz=1C1CHBD_enIE1028IE1028&oq=otg+android+adaptor&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l2j0i390i650l4.8480j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Cheers although there's no Google Play on these Huawei's so I've just used Aptoide to install apps

Advertisement