Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with cb radios

Options
  • 23-05-2023 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’ve recently brought a cb radio it’s all digital it has 40 channels on it and I can’t seem to pick up anything on it only static. Now there is wu and uk am / fm any advice much appreciated fyi I’m in Tipperary Ireland

Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

first up...... you have an antenna, right?

there may just be no-one there.

scan around day and night. you should be able to hear at least SOMETHING occasionally

• Registered Users Posts: 2 A crow

Yes I do have an antenna I was half thinking that there’s very little using them anymore only the thing is I know a few with them and they could be using them and I still only hear muffle even tho they wouldn’t be far away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I'm in Belfast so about as far away as I can get from you without getting my feet wet!

I have Ham radios, but if I scan down from the 10m band.......

on 27.555 at 10:30 am I can hear France and Spain calling. thats hi band channel 12 if you had a 80 channel set.

No Idea about the local CB scene in Tipp...

Maybe give these guys a call?

Advertisement