Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage and Gift Money

Options
  • 23-05-2023 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello,

I hope I am posting on the relevant topic. Please pardon me if I'm posting in the wrong topics areas as I was not able to find a specific mortgage thread.

I was to ask about mortgage borrowing and gift money. If the property price is 15k more than the sum of (mortgage borrowing and the 10% deposit). I learned that this money gap can be covered by gift money from a family. So, if I go with this option, I will have the property price covered by the sum of (mortgage, gift, and deposit). My question is when the drawdown happens, would the builder take the 10% deposit and 15k since they are in my account or it will only take the deposit and be assured that I have the 15k also in my account?

I really appreciate your answer and experience here.

Thanks alot.

Advertisement