Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time of year to book Italy

Options
  • 21-05-2023 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I don't travel very often, but am planning on going to Florence at the end of October.

I looked at flights this morning and they seem quite expensive. Is it best to wait until the summer period is over and the airlines announce their autumn travel deals or is that a thing?

I don't mind flying into somewhere even a few hours from Florence and then travelling by train.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

End of October is expensive because it's midterm everywhere and people take a week off. I've been to Venice a few times in October though and it's not been too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

I see the beginning of October is just 100e return so maybe better to consider different dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Technique

Try flying Ryanair into Pisa or Bologna. There are good train services to Florence from both of these airports. The airport at Florence is quite small and not served by many of the cheaper airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Discod

Trains works perfect, you can travel from city to the city by train

Both great

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I have got the train from Pisa to Florence. It was quite quick if I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Technique

There's a train stop at the airport which takes you to Pisa Centrale station where you'd then get a train to Florence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Thanks for the train links folks. Yep that week must be higher priced due it being half-term. I'll do a bit of shopping around

Advertisement