Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strimmer trouble

Options
  • 20-05-2023 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

I have a problem yool strimmer which was working perfectly for the last 2 years but has just developed a problem. enginebis fine but problems with cutting . the head spins but not fast enough and when I put any light resistance against it it just stops

I had a look at clutch but it seems fine. anyone any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Probably not your problem at all but had similar trouble the other week. I completely forgot it needed 2 stroke mix and not just regular petrol like my mower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Looks like a problem with the centrifugal clutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If its a multitool strimmer, check the attachment is pushed fully home where its joined to the main saft.

The bevel gears can wear out (it can also move down the shaft) and the whole bevel box can be replaced cheaply enough if its a generic machine but as above clutch can get stuck. I've had all three issues in the past.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement