Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here playing IL2: Great Battles?

Options
  • 20-05-2023 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭

I picked up Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban & Bodenplatte during the recent IC2 sale. The plan is to play VR via Quest 2 and a Thrustmaster HOTAS. I have a lot of setting up to do, particularly with HOTAS, Keybinds and keyboard layout.

I'm hoping that there are some Boardsies playing? I need to put in quite a few hours before I join a server but if anyone knows where the most Irish play? Let me know, along with any tips or tricks you have learned the hard way playing this game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭2011abc

IL2 1946 will never be surpassed .Crude-ish as ages but range of planes , maps , flight and damage models make it the king .Had a few goes in the one you mentioned years ago .Pitiful planeset .Arcade flight model .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

IL2 1946 with the SAS, BAT and IL2GE mods really do make 1946 a wonderfully long lived game. Breathes new live into it.

That said, I can't agree with you that IL2 great battles has a poor/arcade style flight model. I do agree with you on the plane set tho, it's miniscule compared to modded IL2 1946

Advertisement